You may have heard of SSO, but maybe you are not sure what it is and if it would be helpful for your organization? Single sign-on (SSO) is an authentication process that allows a user to access multiple applications with one set of login credentials. This means, the login credentials you use every day on other systems within your company, can be connected to VendorProof in a way that does not require you to manage separate logins.
SSO advantages include:
- Improves compliance through centralized user management.
- Eliminates credential re-authentication and reduces help desk requests; thus, improving productivity.
- Streamlines local and remote application and desktop workflow.
- Minimizes phishing.
VendorProof supports Single-Sign-On (SSO) for your organization through Auth0. Once SSO has been enabled for your account, it is no longer possible to sign in with login name and password on the Sign In page.
VendorProof allows your users to sign in via your identity provider (IDP).
VendorProof supports the following different types of identity providers.
- Active Directory / LDAP
- Microsoft ADFS (Active Directory Federation Services)
- Azure Active Directory Native
- Google G Suite
- OpenID Connect
- Azure Active Directory
Using SAML, VendorProof supports organizations with their own SSO infrastructure, as well as organizations using services such as OneLogin.
After your team has provided the VendorProof team with the necessary metadata to connect to your specific IDP type, the VendorProof team will respond back with the following information:
- Login URL (where a user should visit to initiate a login)
- The metadata from the VendorProof system that will need to be added to your IDP to complete the connection
And that's it!
If you have a SSO or system administrator, you can provide them with the information we will supply to you, and have them contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly to coordinate the integration.
SAML Technical FAQs
- Does the application support SAML 2.0? Yes
- Is SP-initiated Sign-On supported (SP-initiated is when you visit subdomain.cultureamp.com, you get bounced to an SSO login screen and then returned to VendorProof)? Yes
- What information does VendorProof need from my users? VendorProof requires the user's email address from your IDP to link to the users in your VendorProof account
- Can multiple of my users share the same email address when using SSO with VendorProof? No
- Does the application support SSO Federation? Yes
- Does VendorProof support a Multi IDP Environment? No
- Does VendorProof support automatically provisioning user accounts through SSO? No, clients will need to provision VendorProof user accounts via manual addition. The guidance on user management can be found here. Email addresses for user accounts will need to be unique.
- Does VendorProof support welcome emails to new users? Yes the application will provide a custom Welcome Email that can be sent at the client’s discretion for directing users to the correct login URL. This email will not include any reference to password.
If your organization is interested in adding SSO to your services, please reach out to Client Success to discuss adding it to your product offering.