Uploading a vendor file into VendorProof is one of two ways of adding/updating a vendor's information in your VendorProof system. Read this article to learn how to update your vendor data manually.
Updating vendors via uploading a vendor file is the ideal method for updating large batches of vendor data:
- Log into VendorProof
- Click on the "Import" tab
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the file named "VendorProof Sample File Import (CSV)" to download the upload template
- Populate data on the upload file. Read this article to learn how to build your vendor file
- Click on the "Upload file" button in the "Submit Files" section
- Select the data import mode (Note: Use Add/Update mode ONLY)
- Click the "Choose File" button and select the file you wish to upload
- Click the "Upload File" button to import your data into your VendorProof system
- After you have submitted your file, the file will appear in the "Incoming Files" section until the system has processed the File.
- Once your file has successfully processed, it will appear in the "Processed Files and Results" section. You can download a copy of your file by clicking on the file name.
- You can also view a summary of the file (i.e. any skipped lines, number of results submitted, etc) by clicking on the "View Summary" button.
- If there are errors causing the file to fail, the file will appear in the "Error Files and Results" section. Just like in step 11, you can download a copy of your file by clicking on the file name as well as view a summary of the file (i.e. any reason for file failure) by clicking on the "View Summary" button.